Borigon Home Page
What is Borigon?
Borigon is a conventional style role-playing
game. Characters develop a list of skills
and conditions that make them who they are.
The player has total control over how the
character is created, with the approval of
the person running the game; the Game Master
(or GM as this person will be referred to
from now on).
This webpage will present the rules of Borigon
chapter-by-chapter. This is a work in progress.
If you find errors, or have questions, you
can contact me by email by clicking here. Feel free to download these chapters, if
you wish to have hardcopies send me an email.
Borigon is now being published on our store
front at Lulu. You can go there by clicking
If you wish to get a sneak peak at new materials,
and/or you want to support the development
of game materials, go to the crowdfunding
site Patreon (click the link). There look for George
Hrabovsky—Borigon. For as little as $1 per
publication, you can support the game.
Some Borigon Rules
Currently there are three player's guide
books published. These rules will be published
here for free.
- Introduction to Playing the Game
- Character Design
- An Alternate Method for Fast Character Development
- Seven Heroes of Borigon
- Abilities"Completely Rewritten"
- A List of Mundane Skills"All skills and conditions have been
- Skills of the Seven Heroes of Borigon
- Creatures and Equipment
- Nations and Societies (Incomplete)
- Life Paths
- Life Paths of the World of Borigon
- Life Paths of the Heroes of Borigon
- Good Stuff for Preadventures
- Bad Stuff for Preadventures
- Preadventures of the Heroes of Borigon
- Manifestation of Mind Powers
- Psychic Conditions
- Basic Mind Powers"Completely Rewritten"
- Difficult Mind Powers"Completely Rewritten"
- Extreme Mind Powers"Completely Rewritten"
- Generating Psychic Powers
- Knowledge of Psychic Powers
- The Nature of the Psyche
- Using Mind Powers in the Game
- Psychic Powers of the Heroes of Borigon
- The Magical World
- Magical Beings
- Magical Conditions
- Generation of Magical Powers
- Knowledge of Magic
- Magic Items
- Manifestations of Magic
- The Nature of the Soul
- Divine Beings
- Using Magical Powers in the Game
- Magical Knowledge Among the Heroes of Borigon
- Low Magic Powers"Partially-Rewritten, not yet complete"
- Natural Magic
- Astrological Magic
- Construction Magic
- Divination Magic
- Ritual Magic
- Developing New Low Magic Spells
- Examples of Low Magic
- Magical Powers of the Heroes of Borigon
- Spirit Magic
- Air Elemental Magic
- Beast Magic
- Black Magic
- Conjuration Magic
- Earth Elemental Magic
- Evocation Magic
- Fire Elemental Magic
- Invocation Magic
- Plant Magic
- Shamanic Magic
- Water Elemental Magic
- White Magic
- Examples of Spirit Magic in Borigon
- Spirit Magic of Hesheriuth
- High Magic
- Meditative High Magic: High Magic Paths
- Ritualistic High Magic: High Magic Dance
- Mechanistic High Magic: Alchemy
- Transcendental High Magic: Awakening the
- Religious Magic: The Fundamentals of Worship"Partially-Rewritten, not yet complete"
- Worshippers and Their Abilities"Partially-Rewritten, not yet complete"
- Clergy and Their Abilities"Partially-Rewritten, not yet complete"
- Religious Items
- Religious Powers of Hesheriuth
- Playing the Game
- Individual Combat
- Mass Combat
- Naval, Air, and Space Combat in the Adventure
- Equipment and Technology
- Character Development
Here are some sections from the Game Master's
Guide to Borigon:
- World Building
- Creature Building
- Nation Building
- Habitation Forms
- Story Design
- Running the Game
Borigon Venues and Game Settings
Additionally there will be five ongoing playtest
campaigns. Material for them will be found
when the links are constructed for them.
The playtest games will be:
- Borigon, the original playtest world.
- Aemgo, a forest world created by my late wife,
- Mystara, an older D&D game setting heavily modified
for use in Borigon. This is now under active
- Dolgin Cluster, a futuristic science fantasy set in a star
cluster surrounded by massive star empires
all vying for control of the cluster and
its store of Herka, the primary source
energy in the empires.
- Modern Horror, a game of supernatural horror
set in the modern world.
- Weird West, what would it be like to be in
the old west with elements of cosmic superrnatural
If you live in, or are visiting, the Kingsford/Iron
Mountain MI area and are interested in playing
this game, let me know. You can contact me
by email by clicking here. Yiou can also check out the games being
oplayed by looking up our Meetup group page.